Thursday, January 21, 2010

Audience Profile (Jan 19, 21)

Today in class we were taught about document design. We learned about several techniques to apply to your documents and learned what not to do. This presentation will help me a lot with creating my next assignment (the personal powerpoint slide). I'm happy we got more clarifications on the format of our interview assignment. There were a lot of things that I was unsure of and I can fix the things I did wrong.

8. A promotional message on your company's e-retailing website, announcing a temporary price reduction on high-definition television sets.
The audience is the customer's who frequent my company's website and consumer's seeking high definition televisions. The audience is excited that they save money on a new high-definition television set. The audience needs to know if there is a limit on the number of TVs they may purchase, exactly how much the reduction is, and what the return policy is if they are not satisfied.

11. A cover letter sent along with your resume to a potential employer.
The audience is the potential employer and anyone else responsible for reviewing applicants. The audience is neutral, they must treat your cover letter and resume the same way they treat the other applicants. The audience needs to know my name, birth date, educational background, and past employers and job descriptions.

1 comment: